Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is currently recruiting for a Cost Engineer to support a large organisation based in the South East of England. This is a contract opportunity, responsible for supporting, guiding and advising the Project Execution and Engineering Teams, and specifically Projects, Engineering, Construction and Commissioning.
- Attend project kick-off/ commercial kick-off and monthly project team reviews
- Approve all major bid tabs to review currency impacts and correct cost allocation
- Monitor spend to ensure accurate cost reporting
- Prepare monthly/quarterly spend analysis
- Develop forecast trend analysis for site costs
- Maintain detailed change management records
- Assist project team in development of action plans to avoid cost & schedule overruns
- Maintain reserve and contingency analysis
- Using the L4 deliverables to accurately forecast man-hours with design
- Work with the project team to develop detailed monthly cost forecast / status reports
- Review forecast with the Project Manager/Engineering Leadership Team
- Produce all monthly/quarterly reporting slides for the project financials
- Minimum 5 years’ project cost control experience
- Must be able to deliver accurate cost information, reporting and guidance to management
- Previous SAP and Ecosys experience strongly preferred, especially around SAP Project Systems module.
- Experience within an Oil & Gas, Chemical processing or related business and equivalent projects a further benefit.