Job DescriptionKey Responsibilities:
- Support P&M construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up and hand-over, across a portfolio of Brownfield projects. Successful candidate will be required to manage/ spread their time across multiple (smaller) projects being executed at the same time.
- Manage P&M construction contractors in the field to ensure Project construction is executed safely, to the required QA/QC standards, on time and on budget.
- Work with P&M construction contractors to resolve issues that arise during the course of construction and provide safe, cost effective solutions. When required, elevate issues to the EPC Engineering Team and interface with them, as required, to provide safe, cost effective solutions.
- Provide inputs into FEED, Detailed Engineering Packages and Constructability Reviews to optimize designs from the constructability perspective.
Job & Industry Specific Knowledge:
- Must have a broad knowledge in piping design related international codes and standards.
- Experience in Pre-FEED, FEED and EPCm projects.
- Relevant experience in the engineering design and construction support of brownfield projects in the refining, petrochemicals or chemicals industries
- Candidate must have a broad knowledge of national and international codes and standards
- Min. of 10 yrs. relevant experience in the (petro-)chemical, engineering & construction sector
- A recognised degree and equivalent qualifications
- Knowledgeable in the establishment and application of construction management systems, processes and tools
- Well-developed technical and practical skills and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work
- Solid technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline, including experience in senior construction management positions and construction project management.
- A thorough understanding of industrial construction environment and proven supervisory experience in multi-disciplinary teams.