Job Title: Occupational Safety Technician
Level: Staff Employee
Subordinated to: OHS Adviser/Technical Mine Manager
City: Hu’u, Dompu, West Nusa Tenggara
2. JOB SUMMARY
Provides direct support to activities relating to the identification of common safety and health hazards inherent in the organisation’s site operations and the establishment of guidelines for protection from those hazards.
- Supervision and management of major contractors and service providers (i.e. health standard, safety procedure, etc.)
- Prepares, updates and reports on the Health and Safety management to ensure overall procedures, policies and critical activities are met.
- Conducts inspections and tests planned to provide familiarity with company operations, specific safety and health issues, regulations and company practices.
- Collects and analyses data related to workplace incidents.
- Identifies problem areas and suggests solutions.
- Assists more experienced officers in developing OH&S solutions.
- Provide input into the development of relevant OH&S procedures.
- Assist in accident investigations and documenting incidents.
INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS (Exclusive of Org Chart)
- President Director (STM/VEI)
- OHS Adviser/KTT
- Safety Engineer
- Contractors and service providers of contracted companies
- Technical consultants
- Site Visitors
Degree in safety engineering, occupational health & safety, construction management or project management, or other qualifications related to business operations, safety management or project management.
- Certified in Occupational Helath & Safety.
- Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience on job-related field
- Advanced knowledge in safety management, site operations, and project management
- Organises own activities and plans in parallel several long chains of actions or a series of complex actions. Roles at this level are senior administrators providing critical support to a particular area or junior technical roles.
- Ability to thinking associated with the interpretation of procedures to resolve problems within established frameworks. Support is available to those charged with thinking at this level and proposed solutions can be readily checked.
- Thinking at this level is found in positions where horizons are day-to-day, paraprofessional/administrative roles which have to follow a wide range of procedures and graduate professional roles that are required for basic analyses.
- High level of professionalism, clear communication, transparency and coherence when dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Team mentoring and training
- Leadership ability and flexibility
- Ability to motivate and develop others
- Highly focused, motivated, and self-directed
- High initiative
- Strong focus on quality outcomes, discipline and organised
- Highest personal standards of behavior, acting with ethics, integrity and respect at all times
- High-level critical thinking, analysis and reasoning
- Cultural sensitivity
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities
- Ability to act under pressure and under tight schedule demands