Engineering Manager/Supervisor (Project Management)
£60,000 - Plus Bonus
Lead the function providing routine maintenance, repair, fault finding and reliability improvements on a complex pharmaceutical site with pilot scale manufacturing and R&D.
This person will support provision of safe front line reactive and routine maintenance services to the site as part of the Engineering & Facilities function.
A key remit is to proactively identify root cause and bring the equipment back into service as quickly as possible as well as actively seeking and identifying cost effective improvements to site assets and equipment, improving efficiency and reliability.
A key component of this role will be help to develop systems, processes, documentation and resources to ensure a sustainable, efficient, compliant and safe site operation within a budget.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leading the engineering function and deputising for the Senior Facilities Manager
• Ensure that the site maintenance plan is achieved on time and drive down failure rates, actively seeking causes and eliminating risks of future failures
• Support a comprehensive asset management service for the complete life cycle of the site physical assets in a safe and effective manner, meeting all regulatory requirements and Company Health Safety and Environment Policy, in line with the operational requirements for the site.
• Ensure that a culture of seeking and achieving best Engineering practice is maintained.
• The role requires meticulous attention to detail and for projects to be conducted strictly in compliance with company policies, established and approved standards and procedures.
• Providing the support of capital projects from design concepts through option evaluations, funding approval, contractor selection, commissioning to successful delivery.
• The leading role in planning and expenditure of site infrastructure projects. For their project management role they will
- Ensure that projects are compliant with the appropriate legislation, practices and standards, constantly seeking opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Proactively manage a 5-year rolling capital forecast, prioritising requirements against regulatory compliance, business requirements, EHS risks, obsolescence and financial drivers.
- Will prepare the project programme, including the delivery strategy and ensure project milestones are achieved
- Work with operations and plant specialists to provide input and leadership to develop, scope and execute projects that will enhance efficiency and reduce operating cost
- Ensure smooth and timely flow of information between all parties to the contract.
- Endeavour to identify and predict potential bottlenecks and delays and action remedies
- Keeping the project stakeholders informed of progress, cost and any other relevant issues.
- Review project scope, and manage the budget and schedule.
- Manage safety and quality aspects of the project in accordance with company procedures
- Agree valuations and final accounts with contractors and sub-contractors.
- Establish performance and delivery criteria, ensuring that client requirements are being met
- Implement best practice project management such that there is high quality transparency, tracking and recording of projects and their implementation
- Take ownership and control of the Building Management Systems (BMS), working with key site BMS stakeholders to ensure that the system is utilised to its maximum potential.
- To work with the site QA for developing the BMS Computer System Validation documentation, ensuring the system is fully compliant at all times
- To work with site IT to determine the strategic requirements for the development of the BMS over time in a structured and methodical manner system
- The role requires meticulous attention to detail and for projects to be conducted strictly in compliance with company policies, established and approved standards and procedures.
- As a minimum would have served a recognised engineering apprenticeship and achieved a formal qualification (>NVQ4, ONC/HNC equivalent)
- Significant engineering experience gained within a medium to large scale process, chemical or pharmaceutical environment. Experience of working within a GMP facility would be highly desirable
- Clear understanding of and working under relevant EHS and CDM regulations