Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Duration: 6+ month contract assignment
The Engineer for I&C Systems Reliability reports to the Reliability Supervisor and is the technical steward for I&C Systems and is responsible for supporting system maintenance and improving these systems including all associated documentation. The Engineer for Instrumentation & Control Systems Reliability will provide leadership and discipline expertise to less experienced support staff, maintenance, and production groups. Supports Reliability Supervisor with driving continuous improvement within the maintenance and operation of assets to ensure the highest most cost effective level of asset availability. The Engineer is expected to drive reliability in all aspects of I&C systems through reliability programs and continuous improvement. The Engineer for I&C Systems Reliability is expected to conduct RCFA’s on incidents related to Instrumentation & Control Systems and provide recommendations. The incumbent is expected to be dedicated and have a high sensitivity to Health, Safety and Environmental (HS&E) issues and shall ensure reliability programs comply with Company’s policies and procedures for the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the terminal.
Understands all facets of equipment reliability and importance of reliability as it ties to HS&E, cost and risk reduction, and increased efficiency and production. Understands the physical properties and safe handling practices of LNG. Possesses knowledge of governmental regulations and related technical and safety codes, standards and permit related reporting requirements. Has In-depth knowledge of I&C Systems reliability, diagnostics, analyses and maintenance procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Serves as the Instrumentation & Control Systems subject matter expert with the primary focus on the development and implementation of programs to improve reliability. Provides daily process control and instrument systems support to the plant to keep the plant systems operational. Responsible for the industrial process control systems from the field devices (valves, transmitters, sensing elements, analyzers, flowmeters, etc.) through the controller (which includes DCS, PLC, SIS, HMI, BMS, vibration monitoring systems, air compressor controllers, etc.). Responsible for tracking availability and improving the overall reliability for the equipment related to instrumentation and control systems. .
• Supports Reliability Supervisor with developing and maintaining various customer service agreements with OEMs.
• Uses sound engineering practices, plant standards and specifications, ensuring that documentation for the Instrumentation & Control Systems are maintained properly. Responsible for the development of documentation standards including updates to the maintenance, reliability and unit operating manuals.
• Participates in the Management of Change process.
• Develops Key Performance Indicators (KPI) with the emphasis on monitoring and analysis for Instrumentation and Control systems for increased efficiency and reduced downtime between scheduled PMs and planned outages.
• Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and provide assistance in planning and coordinating work for the Maintenance Department. Works with maintenance and operations on reliability issues when they occur; have vision and ability to create quality solutions for any problems.
• Responsible for analyzing work order repairs and failure data, pulling data for continuous improvement activities, meeting improvement milestones, developing performance trends, and monitoring for improvement.
• Responsible for conducting Root Cause Failure Analysis on equipment failures to eliminate or mitigate consequences.
• Serves as a subject matter expert on Instrumentation & Control Systems engineering issues (not limited to risk engineering, system integrity and applicability to specifications, philosophies and standards) and mentor the support groups (Instrumentation & Control Systems Maintenance Supervision and Technicians). Understand and interpret codes, standards and regulations that are equipment related.
• Develops proposals for plant improvements including design basis and preliminary estimates and budgets for capital projects.
• Develops working relationships with other department personnel within the plant in order to seek out opportunities that will add value to each job completed.
• Responsible for evaluating the work flow process, identification of critical spares, spare parts storage and preservation requirements for Instrumentation & Control Systems.
• Accountable for ensuring the safety, security, health and environmental incidents are prevented through frequent job observations and assessments. Responsible for developing or collecting information in support of permit requirements as assigned.
• Responsible for managing contracts for the purchase of goods and services needed and ensures the contractor fulfills their contractual obligations. Supports the efforts of the Reliability Supervisor, Maintenance Planning Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisors, Maintenance Manager, and Warehouse Supervisor in developing equipment spare parts requirements as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
- B.S in Engineering, PE License is preferred
- 10+ years of experience with Instrumentation & Control Systems in an industrial setting in engineering or operations, depending on type of experience. Recent experience with LNG is preferred, however, petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable. Experience in reliability parameter development, and documentation are required.
- Must maintain a TWIC card