Senior Laboratory Technician
|Job Title:||Senior Laboratory Technician|
|Contact Name:||Charles Leach|
|Job Published:||September 09, 2019 18:08|
Laboratory support and maintenance is a key to facilitating smooth operation of any functional laboratory. My client, a leading Biopharmaceutical company is currently seeking the expertise of a Senior Laboratory Technician to provide technical and housekeeping support for the multidisciplinary laboratories. The role requires a reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is able to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
Senior Laboratory Technician Key Responsibilities:
• Preparing microbiological media, competent cells, routine solutions and reagents by following standard protocols.
• Monitoring and ordering of laboratory consumables, managing the stock room, dealing with incoming deliveries, outgoing shipments, including meeting with sales reps to manage orders.
• Maintenance and upkeep of chemical and equipment inventories.
• Maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment such as balances, pH meters, centrifuges, spectrophotometers, water systems, autoclaves, pipettes, freezers and fridges, and biological safety cabinets, chromatography systems, plate washers, Biacore.
• Dynamic assistance in the Tissue Culture laboratory, including cell passaging, freeze/thaw of cell lines, and testing of samples when they arrive in the lab.
• Assisting with regular laboratory cleaning schedules and organisation of laboratory layout.
• Potential to expand technical capabilities and personal development to support the Protein, Phage and Assay teams within the company.
• Working closely with the local Lab Manager to ensure smooth operation of the laboratories.
Senior Laboratory Technician Key Requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years’ previous experience as a Laboratory Technician, particularly in a biological laboratory.
• Experience of working in Class I cell culture laboratories.
• Excellent team working skills and ability to integrate within a small team.
• Experience of maintaining general laboratory equipment and ability to troubleshoot issues.
• The ability to work efficiently as part of a multi-disciplinary team, with excellent time management skills.
• Good understanding of basic laboratory safety, including GLP such as use of PPE, and an understanding of COSHH, Risk Assessments and Standard Operating Procedures.
• The ability to work accurately and reliably, whilst being able to prioritise activities and adapt to an ever-changing environment to meet deadlines.
This opportunity as a Senior Laboratory Technician is available immediately. If successful, you can expect to join an award winning, forward thinking organisation who truly value their employees.
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on rates and applying.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Houston, United States
Junior Validation Technician
£15 - £20 per hour
Analytical Lab Technician (BARQN)
Houston, United States
Greater London, England
Senior Analytical Scientist