Location – Cameron, LA
Employee Type – Permanent, Full-Time
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a growing Midstream Operator, has a permanent opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to support a major greenfield facility based in Cameron, LA.
The Staff Engineer, Mechanical Reliability reports to the Reliability Superintendent and is a technical steward for rotating equipment, emphasis on turbines and centrifugal compressors; in addition, they are responsible for supporting system maintenance and improving these systems including all associated documentation. The Staff Engineer, Mechanical Reliability will provide discipline expertise to less experienced support staff, maintenance, and production groups. Supports Reliability Superintendent with driving continuous improvement within the maintenance and operation of assets to ensure the highest level of asset availability. The Staff Engineer, Mechanical Reliability is expected to conduct RCFA on incidents related to Rotating equipment and Mechanical systems and provide recommendations. The successful candidate will be dedicated and have a high sensitivity to Health, Safety, and Environmental (HS&E) issues and shall ensure reliability programs comply with Company’s policies and procedures for the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the terminal.
Understands all facets of equipment reliability and importance of reliability. Understands the physical properties and safe handling practices of product. Possesses knowledge of governmental regulations and related technical and safety codes, standards, and permit-related reporting requirements. Has advanced knowledge of turbine engines, GE LM2500 platform experience is preferred. Applies advanced engineering knowledge, skills, and practices to rotating equipment and perform from both an in-depth and broad perspective as needed; frequently takes full technical ownership of difficult assignments. Regularly provides technical guidance to others.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Provides daily Rotating, Static Equipment and Mechanical systems support to the plant to keep the plant systems operational.
- Supports availability tracking and improving the overall reliability for the Mechanical equipment and its systems throughout the plant.
- Supports Reliability Superintendent with developing and maintaining various contracts and customer service agreements.
- Uses sound engineering practices, plant standards, and specifications, ensuring that documentation for the Mechanical systems is maintained properly. Responsible for the development of documentation standards including updates to the maintenance, reliability and unit operating manuals. Participates in the Management of Change process.
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and assist in planning and coordinating work for the Maintenance Department. Works with maintenance and operations on reliability issues when they occur.
- Responsible for analyzing work order repairs and failure data, pulling data for continuous improvement activities, meeting improvement milestones, developing performance trends, and monitoring for improvement.
- Responsible for conducting Root Cause Failure Analysis on equipment failures to eliminate or mitigate consequences.
- Responsible for evaluating the recommendations from the Reliability Technicians on predictive programs.
- Serves as a Key technical specialist on Rotating and Mechanical system engineering issues (not limited to risk engineering, system integrity and applicability to specifications, philosophies, and standards) and mentor the support groups (Mechanical Maintenance Supervision and Technicians). Understand and interpret codes, standards, and regulations that are equipment related.
- Develops proposals for plant improvements including design basis and preliminary estimates and budgets for capital projects.
- Develops working relationships with other department personnel within the plant in order to seek out opportunities that will add value to each job completed.
- Responsible for evaluating the work flow process, identification of critical spares, spare parts storage and preservation requirements for Rotating equipment, Static equipment, piping, and flange management.
- Accountable for ensuring the safety, security, health and environmental incidents are prevented through frequent job observations and assessments. Responsible for developing or collecting information in support of permit requirements as assigned.
- Responsible for managing contracts for the purchase of goods and services needed and ensures the contractor fulfills their contractual obligations. Supports the efforts of the Reliability Superintendent, Maintenance Planning Superintendent, Maintenance Superintendent S, Maintenance Manager, and Warehouse Superintendent in developing equipment spare parts requirements as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS)
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline is required, Mechanical Engineering focus is preferred. A Professional Engineering License is preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience with Rotating and Mechanical equipment in an industrial setting in engineering or operations, depending on type of experience. Extensive knowledge of large, turbine engines is required. GE LM2500 platform experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of CMMS Systems, RCA tools for conducting failure analysis.
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities are required.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries, and governmental agencies.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to engineer, operate and maintain production facilities.
- Possess the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with 1) management, 2) peers and 3) the various facility level workers.
- Organized, planning skills, able to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Accomplished public speaker, able to create and deliver industry-specific presentations.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, Project, and PowerPoint.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing Midstream Operator who are driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits, paid time off, matching 401K, life insurance, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.