Aker Solutions is responsible for delivering quality service, safely, on time, within budget whilst ensuring the technical integrity of onshore and offshore assets. We actively promote the highest standards of HSEQ and at all times act within the Aker Solutions Just Care procedures.
Our client project requires a Chartered Lead Mechanical Engineer with brownfield experience (rotating and static equipment) to be based in our Chiswick office, London. Key accountabilities and tasks will include:
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of multi-discipline and or single discipline engineering modifications / project scope of works within a contract or a project
- Manage the defined scopes of work provided by the contact / project management team ensuring that the discipline scopes of work are fully defined and in accordance with the client's requirements
- Accountable for the management of multi-discipline CTR's / man-hours ensuring that the correct levels of productivity are being maintained by involved disciplines
- Prepare engineering concepts and develop into detail design
- Review and check and approve the work of others within the discipline / function
- Liaise with client project and facilities engineering in the execution of the modifications project scopes of work
- Ensure project deliverables are generated via AKIMS (Aker Integrated Management System).
We are looking for Engineers educated to degree level with significant engineering design experience on offshore oil & gas projects, covering static and rotating equipment. You will need to be a Chartered engineer with a proactive attitude, and the ability to direct and guide engineers and designers. In addition you will need a sound working knowledge of relevant industry codes and standards, design software such as PDMS, Navisworks and Autocad, and familiarity with the aspects of HAZOP / HAZID.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.