Duration: Long-Term Contract Assignment
Location: Houston, Tx
- Lead the overall asset management, maintenance and development program for an operational oilfield in Ecuador to Client standards.
- Lead the preparation and maintenance of the asset’s long term Field Development Plan (FDP) to maximize asset value.
- Lead the preparation of the annual work program and budgets (AWP&B) / financial projections and Authorities for Expenditure (AFE), in conjunction with support functions.
- Develop and implement asset specific asset management guidelines in accordance with Client operational standards and good oilfield practice.
- Manage the day to day field activities and ensure execution in accordance and appropriate national standards and regulations. Champion the “Perfect HSE Day”
- Develop and maintain proactive relationships with the asset owner/Operator and regulatory authorities. Represent the company and the asset in front of the Operator and Regulator as required.
- Responsible for providing and maintaining security at the asset and for personal security of our people and contractors.
- Determine resource support requirements, work schedules and prioritization to meet business needs. Provide regular operational and financial management reports as necessary.
- Lead the efforts of subsurface, drilling, facilities, operations, HSE, commercial and other support team members in formulating viable plans for the further development and successful operation of the assets managed versus set targets.
- Lead the presentation of recommended plans to the steering committee
- Engage with client enterprise technical and commercial support functions
- Oversee operational performance and facilities project execution, supply chain processes, drilling programs and finalization of commercial agreements etc. to meet asset objectives. At production cessation, perform equivalent role in delivering a decommissioned field and/or handover of asset to decommissioning projects team.
- Identify and drive improved oilfield asset value opportunities, driving of OPEX and organizational savings/synergies across the business.
- Accountable for delivery of asset KPIs (HSE, Production, OPEX, CAPEX, Facilities Integrity, Reserves, etc.)
- Manage interface with Operations function for any near field exploration elements within asset portfolio including budget aspects.
- Ensure that cost estimates and project and production operations schedules are robust (and consistent with required level of engineering definition) at execution and ready to produce gates for any projects managed in the asset.
- Interface with business unit shared support functions and Group Corporate functions to organize required peer reviews as required in support of any further investment, review of performance and any oil/gas reserves progression through stage gate process.
- Remain abreast of new technology and industry practices to reduce cost or risk, improve performance and / increase value of assets within portfolio.
- Provide support to Business Development activities and operations/technical/asset peer assists on assets outside own portfolio, as required and/or identified by the Operator.
- Work with HSE team to ensure compliance with internal policies, country regulations and permitting.
- Determine required services and resources and best option of internal/outsourced service for each service (and approve within provided decision power authority).
- Manage interface with Exploration function for any brownfield exploration within the asset.
- Supervise and / or provide coaching and development to less experienced staff as appropriate.
- Operational understanding of the codes and regulation as relate to oilfield practice in Ecuador.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or similar.
- MBA highly regarded
- 15+ years of onshore upstream Oil & gas experience in Exploration/Appraisal/Field Development. Preferably to have diverse experience (e.g. working in more than one company).
- Managerial skills: previous experience of managing teams in an oilfield environment.
- Economic skills: P&L ownership and ability to read financial models for oilfield business and an understanding of the structure and operation of project finance highly regarded
- Good interpersonal, presentation, communication and reporting skills, including recognition of local cultural requirements.
- PMP Certificate is desirable.
- Latin America experience (Ecuador preferred)
- Fluent in Spanish at a technical/engineering level
- Flexible on travel
- Location: Houston / Ecuador