A leading local Oman marine business is currently looking for 6 project buyers to be based in Muscat on a long-term contract bases.
- Responsible for purchase of Project Marine material & spares and ensuring delivery as required. Receive bids and prepare bids evaluations & award recommendations. Prepare purchase orders for approval by Supply Chain Manager:
- Receive purchase requisitions, source out vendors to maximize number of potential vendors & minimize singles sources
- Generate & issue RFQ packages to selected potential suppliers of the material.
- Analyze the market, source, pre-qualify and recommend the potential suppliers of the required materials & develop bidders Lists
- Min University graduate in business or engineering with minimum 2 years’ experience in the areas of ship yard, procurement, expediting/contracts/material related experience.
- Basic understanding of the warehousing and material acquisition functions. Actual minimum work experience of 1 year desired.
- Full understanding of purchasing concepts, Marine yard, bidding procedures, purchasing methods and materials control.
- Working for leading marine company in Oman
- Great location
- Development opportunities
- Ongoing contract (long term)