Our Client a large oil and gas midstream company is currently seeking a Buyer for a 6 month contract in Edmonton, AB.
- Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors.
- Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
- May require a bachelor's degree and 7-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May report to an executive or a manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP)/ Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) program enrollment beneficial
- Related University Degree (Purchasing/Supply Chain Management, B-Comm., Finance, or Business Administration.
4+ years purchasing experience
- Oil & Gas experience is an asset
- Successful candidate will be procuring Electrical Materials
- Candidate must have SAP/Oracle experience (Oracle is optional, but SAP is a MUST