Location: Houston, TX
Duration: Long-term contract assignment
- This role reports to the Manager of Project Excellence.
- This role supports the Major Projects Organization (MPO) and projects at various sites.
- Works with MPO and site personnel to update and develop training for new and existing project procedures, processes and other documents.
- Works with Manager of Project Excellence, to ensure that key project processes are identified as requiring training and that training is developed and provided as needed to MPO, PAR and STL.
- Supports MPO in developing training plans for personnel by functions.
- Works with the Learning Organization to convert training to CBT’s as necessary and to incorporate training needs into individual’s profiles.
- B.S. in Engineering (Preferably Mechanical, Chemical, Civil/Structural or Electrical)
- 20+ years in the Refining/Chemicals industry with a minimum of 10+ years of Capital Project Management experience to include managing projects over $20 million Total Installed Cost.
- Expert knowledge in the stage gated processes and can clearly articulate the requirements and purpose.
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Experience with incorporating data from Independent Project Analysis and the Construction Industry Institute
- Experience implementing industry best practices and Value Improving practices
- Experience with facilitation of Value Improving Practices Demonstrated communication skills.
- Experience leading and developing training.