Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking a Project Controls Advisor for a contract role (1 year) in Cold Lake Alberta. This role is Monday-Friday and the individual must be local or have their own accommodations.
The Project Advisor is an expert in Project Controls, Planning and Scheduling and Project Services and provides their expertise to projects as needed, supports the Project Controls Supervisor in updating tools and processes; assists with training and mentoring of less experienced group members.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes and maintains interfaces with key stakeholders of the projects, and provides accurate and timely Project Controls reports.
- May provide mentoring of less experienced Project Controls staff.
- Produces or oversees production of cost reports detailing budgets, approved changes, commitments, and forecasts from available information and historical trend analysis.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors or master’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Construction Management
- 20+ years’ experience in Project Services, Project Controls and Planning
- Minimum 10 years of previous supervisory experience preferred
- Multiple international project assignments
- Willing to travel to required project sites (overseas or domestic) and work in a team environment
- Knowledgeable with project management best practices framework and key work processes
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong organizational, business, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong influencing, consulting, mentoring, analytical and computing skills