Job DescriptioniPSC R&D Scientist – Cambridge – Permanent
Stem cells and their applications are becoming increasingly involved in the treatment of more and more disease states through their adaptability to the natural human system. My client, a leading Biotechnology company in Cambridge focused on stem cell manipulation is seeking the expertise of an iPSC R&D Scientist to drive the innovation of their technology platform, portfolio and global market expansion.
iPSC R&D Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Assist with the building and development of the R&D portfolio by identifying new products or concepts
- Development of process for deriving multiple neuronal and biologically relevant cell types from IPSC lines
- Amendment and development of current in-house laboratory and customer facing SOP’s
- Identify and construct functional qualification systems of new and existing products
- Utilisation of biomarkers and functional cellular responses for fully characterising cellular systems
- Generation of information data packs for new products and power point report for feedback to teams and customers
- To maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature
- MSc/PhD in a biology related discipline with 1+ years’ accompanied industry experience
- Strong skills in cell culture techniques, particularly iPSC culture experience with a focus on cellular development.
- Prior experience of stem cell differentiation processes
- Strong technical, organization, documentation, and communication skills (verbal and written) are essential. Must be able to track on-going projects, present data, and prepare reports.
- Work independently as well as able to work in a flexible, team-oriented, fast paced environment
- Experience with large scale cell culture systems, electrophysiology or CRISPR is desirable
Please call Charles on 0619427163 for more information on applying.