Job DescriptionWe are recruiting for a Day Operator to join the Operations Team of a gasification plant in Hertfordshire. The Day Operator will be responsible as part of the team for the safe and efficient operation of the plant, predominantly in the tipping hall area of Hoddesdon ATT. This is a great opportunity for someone to take their first step in to the power generation sector.
Your duties as a Day Operator will include
- Traffic Management within the plant
- Operating heavy plant
- Operations of overhead cranes, forklift trucks and any other machinery as required.
- Assisting with loading and unloading operations
- Assisting with all shutdown activities
- Front line maintenance activities
- Inspections of delivered waste
- Risk assessments
- General Housekeeping
- Continuous monitoring of the plant to minimise environmental impacts
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literate
- Telehandler certification desired (not essential)
In return, our client is offering an attractive salary and benefits package, including training opportunities.