Job DescriptionWe are recruiting for a Shift Operation Technician to join the Operations Team of a small-scale gasification plant in Hertfordshire. The Shift Operation Technician will be responsible for the safe and efficient starting, stopping and running of the plant. This is a great opportunity for someone to take their first step in to the power generation sector.
Your duties as a Shift Operation Technician will include
- Process control of the plant - boilers, turbines, pumps, compressors, water treatment plant etc.
- First line maintenance to ensure plant reliability and availability
- Scheduled and unplanned maintenance activities
- Monitoring fuel input to optimise the plant's output
- Pre-start checks, commissioning and de-commissioning activities
- Please note this is a shift role and will involve working 12-hour shifts including days and nights.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A relevant engineering qualification such as a BTEC, NVQ, HNC, HND, ONC
- Experience working in the operations or maintenance department of a heavy process plant.
- Strong maintenance skills
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
In return, our client is offering an attractive salary and benefits package, including training opportunities.