- Receive work directions from supervisor to operate pumping equipment and execute fluid pumping and acidization programs. Includes attending pre-job meeting with representative of operations, Company and other parties involved, installing pumping unit at job location, carrying out pressure test on CT and acid line, and run pumping job as programmed and in conformity with the approved operational procedures.
- Ensures strict adherence to Company and client safety and loss preventions rules and regulations
- Mix required chemicals as per pre-prepared formula and procedures.
- Understand the properties of all chemicals and fluids to be used in the pumping operations.
- Pump water, diesel, and other types of fluids used in cleaning up the well bore.
- Witness and participate in pressure and other functional testing of pumping equipment.
- Test for fluid displacement and pipeline pressure.
- Conduct inspections, testing N2 units, fluid pumps and other equipment.
- Monitor, inspect and adjust equipment ensuring correct operation, i.e:- pumps and injection rates.
- Communicate and understand detail and direction, specifications and standards.
- Operate auxiliary and other related equipment.
- Perform general maintenance and repair on field and transport equipment.
- Safely operate tankers and transport trucks.
- Carry out simple and routine maintenance on the pumping equipment including cleaning, toping oil and other fluids. Keep in full alert of equipment operating parameters and report malfunction that requires immediate attention to Supervisor.
- Practice good housekeeping at work site, includes cleaning spillage, well head components such as Christmas tree, etc. and reports incidents or substandard practices and conditions to Supervisor.
- Observe the Company’s QHSE policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility and ensure that they are effectively implemented in his domain. Includes performing tasks in a safe and environmentally sound manner, using personal protective equipment when requires, taking necessary precautions to protect themselves and others in the work area from injury and health hazards, cooperating with accident/incident investigation teams, and participating actively in the assessment of hazards/risks in the workplace
- Train new operators on running & maintaining the pump and nitrogen equipment.
- Carry out any other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety and Environment Management System requirements.
- Understand and adhere to all safety regulations and applicable MORAIK QHSE Policies.
- Observe the Company’s QHSE policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility and ensure that they are effectively implemented in his domain.
- Participate in QHSE meetings, on site audits and inspections & ensure close out reports for all points closed
- Report any near-misses, incidents and accidents promptly.
- Ensure maintenance and availability of all safety equipment.
- Practice good housekeeping.
- Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
- Daily contact with Senior pump & nitrogen Operator to receive work directions.
- Frequent contact with personnel from other sections for support and co-ordination of activities.
- Work is carried out in accordance with Company policies and professional standards and as per the contractual terms and conditions.
- Takes initiative in case of emergency and keeps supervisor advised of work progress.
- Completed work is reviewed by immediate supervisor.
90% Lifting, maneuvering and carrying equipment, tools and materials.
100%: Spent at site locations, where duties are performed in hazardous working environment, with constant exposure to prevailing weather conditions of heat, humidity, noise, fumes, vibration, grease and dirt. Potential H2S hazard.
- Completion of Secondary (12 years) education followed by 2 years' full time study leading to an Industrial Diploma complemented with short training courses related to nitrogen pumping operations.
- 3 years of hands-on experience in oilfield nitrogen pumping operation with a renowned international company.
- Excellent practical knowledge of nitrogen pumping operations. Must be able to independently carry out nitrogen pumping operations safely and precisely.
- Must have excellent HSE awareness with regard to oil/gas field hazards.
- Good computer knowledge.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.