Job DescriptionNES Global Talent are recruiting for an experienced Civil Designer for a long term contract in the North West. The successful candidate will join an existing team of Engineers and Designers working on a variety of upgrades and modifications across a Chemical Manufacturing site.
The position is a long term contract working in a top tier COMAH environment.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Production of 3D models using software as required by the project (Smartplant 3D)
- Assume technical responsibility for production of these deliverables to ensure the required safety and quality standards
- Capable of producing designs and calculations for chemical plant structures
- Responsible for checking the 3D model and drawings from the supplier against the 3D model which has been provided.
- Reviewing progress, identifying problems, checking work to specifications, approving work completion
- Capable of working on own initiative
- Knowledge of UK and European standards and practices
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation including CDM regs
- BSc Civil Engineering (or equivilent)
- Experience completing 3D drawing of Chemical plant, platforms and structures
- 3D modelling experience
- Experience of Chemical, Petrochemical ,FCMG EPC/EPCm projects