Job DescriptionSHIFT TEAM LEADER
We are currently recruiting a Shift Team Leader to join the Operations department of an Energy from Waste power station. Leading a team of Plant Operators, the Shift Team Leader will be responsible for ensuring the station hits its production targets in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. This role will involve a mixture of shift and day work.
Responsibilities Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Shift Team Leader will be responsible for:
• The day to day management of Plant Operators who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant
• Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
• Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as a Authorised Person (AP1) for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations (preferably with experience up to 11kv).
• Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
• Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties
• Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems Please note this role will involve a mixture of day work (Mon to Fri) and shift work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/HND/DEGREE in an engineering discipline
• Experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or nuclear.
• IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
• Excellent proven leadership skills • Team player • Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to schedule and co-ordinate work to tight deadlines
• Excellent organisation skills
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including training opportunities.