Shift Team Leader
|Job Title:||Shift Team Leader|
|Location:||Belfast, Northern Ireland|
|Salary:||£50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Geraint Bancroft|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2019 15:57|
We are currently recruiting a Shift Team Leader to join the Operations department of an Energy from Waste power station. Leading a team of Plant Operators, the Shift Team Leader will be responsible for ensuring the station hits its production targets in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. This role will involve a mixture of shift and day work.
Responsibilities Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Shift Team Leader will be responsible for:
• The day to day management of Plant Operators who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant
• Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
• Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as a Authorised Person (AP1) for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations (preferably with experience up to 11kv).
• Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
• Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties
• Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems Please note this role will involve a mixture of day work (Mon to Fri) and shift work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/HND/DEGREE in an engineering discipline
• Experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or nuclear.
• IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
• Excellent proven leadership skills • Team player • Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to schedule and co-ordinate work to tight deadlines
• Excellent organisation skills
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including training opportunities.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's