Reports to: BSR Connect Operations Manager
Remuneration: Dependent on experience, 25 days annual leave, pension, healthcare, life cover
Additional: Company 4x4 vehicle, participation in on call rota.
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
BSR Connect is a leading Independent Connections Provider (ICP), accredited under the Lloyds National Electrical Registration Scheme (NERS) up to and including 132kV, to deliver safe, robust and cost-effective connections to electricity distribution networks. We provide grid connection works from low voltage up to and including 132kV, working on projects from inception to completion, including Distribution Network Operator (DNO) adoption.
The Project Engineer is key member of the business and BSR group of companies. As the lead Senior Authorised Person (SAP) for the group, the role includes the mentoring and development of operational staff, whilst overseeing the BSR groups’ HV processes and authorisations. The applicant shall be experienced and competent in working with electrical safety rules, including a knowledge of control procedures.
The Project Engineer is responsible for managing the engineering works on High Voltage (upto 132kV) electrical projects, during initial installation and ongoing operation and maintenance.
The role requires an in-depth knowledge and understanding of protection and control schemes across a range of installations.
Duties of the Role
Manage and actively contribute to the following (but not limited to);
- SAP duties on new connections and existing renewable/generation projects;
- Control Engineer and mentor for developing SAP’s;
- The management of project electrical installation and commissioning;
- HV substation building requirements, design and installation;
- Grid compliance and earthing studies; specify requirements, assign consultants and review of reports;
- Liaising with DNO representatives;
- Coordination of all associated 3rd parties, such as BT and utility companies;
- Appointing specialist contractors for electrical works where required;
- Sub-contracting to O&M providers (both related partied and third parties as applicable;
- Role includes travel across the UK and staying away overnight.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Senior Authorised Person (SAP) up to 33kV. Senior Authorised Person up to 132kV preferred. Training will be provided to obtain 132kV authorisation;
- Experience within a Distribution Network Operator (DNO) or utility-based company;
- Experience in High Voltage system design, operation and protection schemes;
- Proven track record of managing high voltage installation projects;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office 365;
- Qualifications in Electrical installations and inspections or; qualification in Electrical Engineering such as BSc or HND.
- UK driving license
- Ability to work in the UK
Competencies required for this role:
Functional / Technical Skills