Job DescriptionOpen & Cased Hole Field Engineers - Contract / Permanent - Based Aberdeen
Our client, a global leader within the Oilfield Services market, is looking to hire a number of Open & Cased Hole Field Engineers & Crew Chiefs for immediate starts, based UK North Sea for an initial period of 3 months. These positions will operate on a day rate contract basis. Providing a successful initial period working as a contractor there would a review to potentially offer a permanent position.
- Under general supervision, applies knowledge of Open / Cased Hole Wireline technologies to independently provide a comprehensive set of basic and complex services and tool operation to customers at the well site.
- Applies engineering, mechanical and geological principles to articulate more complex data interpretations and downhole mechanical constructs to clients from proprietary software and coaches clients through more routine drilling and completion scenarios independently.
- Continues to learn how to interpret data outcomes with more complexity through mentorship from wireline field leadership.
- Integrates understanding of the wireline business, operational procedures and to a lesser degree the collaboration of other service lines into guidance provided to customers.
- Provides guidance to junior wireline field professionals on delivering less complex services and tool operations to customers.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Science or other technical discipline is preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Experience in Open or Cased Hole Wireline field operations required.