In Vivo studies are an important part of the drug discovery and development process, allowing the evaluation of PK/PD relationships, efficacy and ultimately safety. My client, a leading biotechnology company in the Cambridge region is currently seeking the expertise of a Senior/Principal In Vivo Pharmacologist to advance developments of their exciting small molecule drug portfolio focused on oncology treatment.
Senior/Principal In Vivo Pharmacologist Key Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and manage in vivo experiments to support IND drug filing and transitioning from in vivo to clinical stage.
- Leading the in vivo pharmacology work to understand the efficacy, tolerability and PK/PD relationships of novel anticancer agents.
- Manage in vivo studies with external CRO’s and collaborators, selecting vendors and developing as well as maintaining strong relationships.
- Taking full ownership for in vivo projects, delivering and analysing high quality data for presentation to key stakeholders in the business
- Guiding, training and developing more junior scientists below you to ensure a cohesive working environment
- PhD or equivalent in pharmacology or another life science subject
- Minimum of five years’ post-doctoral experience working in a research environment
- Experience of running in vivo pharmacology studies for drug discovery and development
- Experience managing contract research organisations or external collaborations is advantageous
- Excellent technical understanding of in vivo pharmacology studies including building data packages on tolerability, efficacy and PK/PD relationships
- Strong understanding of cancer cell biology or DNA repair pathways
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- Excellent teamworking, communication and presentation skills
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on applying.