IGCC Plant Process Engineer
Reporting to IGCC Start up and Commissioning Manager
Work Location - Jizan, Saudi Arabia
Rotation: 10 weeks/ 2 weeks off
Contract Duration: 12 months, extendable
- Have a good operating knowledge to understand the requirements of commissioning and starting up one or more of the following process units: liquids gasification, acid gas clean up, soot ash recovery, sulphur recovery, combined cycle power plants and hydrogen recovery. Also understand the requirements of process safety systems, including relief devices, and safety instrumented systems.
- BS ChE/ME with 8-20 years experience in plant engineering or operating plant engineering with a strong focus on plant operations/startups
- Balanced multi-discipline understanding in process engineering, DCS controls, process safety and equipment design
- Ability to make balanced decisions weighing operability, reliability, capital costs and operating costs.
- Critical thinking skills and problem solving capability.
- Effective communicator who will seek out cross-functional technical expertise as required.
- Experience in gasification, Sulfur Recovery Units, Soot and Ash recovery, Power Blocks and experience working in Middle East is beneficial
- Working with the commissioning team to ensure that the plant startup is safe and in accordance with standards and requirements
- Review contractor supplied schedules to understand if mechanical completion forecasts are realistic. This will involve a review of the existing schedule sequencing, durations and resourcing
- Provide Process Systems expertise in development of generic risk evaluation/assessments or Safety Integrity Levels assessment and Safety Integrity Levels verification
- Manage the projects P&ID’s, functional logic tables, alarm and trip settings, critical safety tables and operating procedures/training manuals through commissioning
- Support field validation with Process Control engineer
- Review and update of plant operating manuals and procedures in support of the commissioning teams. Provide commissioning team with office support during critical commissioning, start up and performance testing.
- Participate and help plan field-commissioning activities including Pre-Startup Safety Review.