Job Location: Rome, Italy
The purpose of the Electrical Engineer is to guarantee the compliance from the Contractor within the following subjects:
- The Scope of Work
- International applicable standards
- The Quality of the Engineering Design
- Optimization of Electrical Project Design to optimize the Operational cost & Maintenance cost
- The Appropriate equipment manufacturing
- The Project Engineering and Purchasing Schedule
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Review design packages for electrical systems and equipment (i.e. Power & Distribution Transformers, motors, generators, High voltage/low voltage switchgear/Motor Control Center (MCC), distribution network, control equipment, power outlets etc.)including drawings, datasheets, detail scope of work, calculations, Bill of Material / Quantity and preliminary cost estimates, Hazardous Area Classification and System Study.
- Prepare the Project Design Basis Document as per the project scope.
- Prepare the entire project load lists based on the project scope.
- Produce technical reports for the scope of work, and technical specifications for specific electrical equipment which are not mentioned in Engineering Standard and Material Specification.
- Manage the electrical activities of engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contractors during the Front End Engineering Development (FEED) and design phase.
- Coordinate with Project managers to finalize the Electrical Engineering scope for the entire project / package.
- Carry out analysis of major equipment selected in the design package.
- Review and respond to technical and site queries.
- Support and attend the equipment “Factory Acceptance Tests” (FAT).
- Experience in project execution in accordance with World Wide industrial standards.
- Monitor and review in coordination with PMT the performance and work quality of the contractor.
- Ensure that the design work by contractor is in accordance with design standards (SAES, SAMSS), applicable codes/regulations, and acceptable work practice.
- Assist the Project Managers and Project Engineers in evaluating Material Requisitions (MR), Technical Bid Evaluation (TBE) and Award Recommendation (AR) provided by Contractor and able to perform Procurement support.
- Review and evaluate Change Orders to ensure full compliance with standards and that costs are in line with project budget.
- Work closely with Engineering Teams during the project to ensure facility integrity in terms of HSE.
- Provide technical assurance for electrical discipline deliverables for projects.
- Prepare approvals of the electrical engineering packages prior to being issued for construction.
- Lead and recommend new improvement solutions for installations or modifications to improve existing facilities and standards.
Educational & Technical Requirements
- 10 -15 years of experience in design, engineering and construction
- Bachelor’s degree within the Electrical Engineering field or a BA in Science with a focus in Electrical Engineering
- Certified Engineer desirable
- Engineer must be familiar with NEC, IEEE/ANSI, IEC and other International electrical standards, best practices and value practices
- Be fully familiar with analogue and Digital Control Systems including Power System Automation (PSA), DCS, PLC and SCADA controls
- Thorough knowledge of the English language is required to perform the necessary analysis and studies in depth, make professional presentations and keep up with technical advancements
- Have experience with Electrical Transient Analysis Program (ETAP) or similar software and all Microsoft office.
- Plan & Organize
- Analyze & Solve problems
- Communicating openly & effectively
- Excellence/ Drive for results