Job Location: Rome, Italy
The candidate must lead, review, assess and manage scope of works of the allocated FEED/EPC package under the direction of their delegated Senior Project Engineers and Project Manager. The candidate must also review, participate, guide and manage the FEED/EPC contractor in developing the scope of works as defined in the various Work Entity Releases (WER’s) (relevant to the FEED phase).
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervision of civil and Structural engineering execution in detailed design, production of calculations for heavy equipment foundations, buildings and steel structures.
- EPC/FEED Analysis and design of modular steel structures including sea transportation, lifting analysis, skidding analysis, load out and stress analysis.
- EPC/FEED Design of structural steel and precast pipe racks.
- EPC/FEED Design of structural steel technological structures, process plant structures.
- EPC/FEED Design of blast resistant buildings.
- EPC/FEED Design of compressor/table top, pumps and similar types of machine foundations.
- EPC/FEED Design of Equipment foundations like exchangers, coolers, process columns, steel stacks, horizontal vessels, pipe supports.
- EPC/FEED Design of specialist structures like chimneys, natural draught cooling towers, pre-stressed bridges, arch bridges.
- Conversant with all the international design codes of practices such as American and British codes, International Building Code (IBC).
- Responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgement in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Review drawings, specifications and calculations and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards
- Coordinate the design effort to support the materials requisitions and ensure these documents comply with the technical project specifications.
- Analyze disputed item from technical and contractual aspects and prepare required official response.
- Responsible for processing and following up change orders requests. Preparing required Justification Work Sheet, Issuing Change Order Request to Contractor and lead scope alignment process with Contractor.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline
- 10-15 years of experience in Oil and Gas industry petrochemical project
- Good working knowledge of International standards and procedures
- Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal
- Plan & Organize
- Analyze & Solve problems
- Communicating openly & effectively
- Excellence/ Drive for results