This role will lead the responsibility for onsite finance, subcontracting, project cost controls and procurement.
This will include direct responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of these functions on site and ensure all functional needs of the project are met.
- Managing all project construction subcontracts.
- Preparing monthly commercial reports and cost to complete forecasts.
- Coordination of information between the four functions to ensure smooth delivery.
- Successful management and integration of processes between the four functions.
Contract Management Responsibilities
- Preparation and updating of contract documentation, accessible to all operating teams.
- Follow up, in collaboration with the Project Director and the Planner, on compliance with milestones, conditions
- Guarantee the adequate documentary management associated with the progress of the project.
- Guarantee conditions before suppliers and subcontractors before and during negotiations.
- Support the Project Director and the Head of Engineering in the development of the information required for the
- Respond promptly and in accordance with the contract requirements to all formal communications from the client,
- Follow up and alert the Operations Director and Project Manager of any new developments in the course of a claim.
- Monitoring and management of variations and deviations.
- Identification of risks and support in their management. Definition of mitigation and follow-up action plan.
- Management of any claims from the Client, Contractors and Suppliers.
- Guarantee the adequate recovery of claims against third parties. Initiate claim process, collection of costs and follow
- Management of project insurance, defective items and breakdowns, and initiate claim process, collection of costs
Health & Safety Requirements :
- Take reasonable care for his or her own health and safety;
- Take reasonable care that his or her acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons;
- Comply, so far as the worker is reasonably able, with any reasonable instruction that is given by the person conducting the business or undertaking to allow the person to comply with this the WHS Acts / Regulations,
- Co-operate with any reasonable policy or procedure of the person conducting the business or undertaking relating to health or safety at the workplace that has been notified to workers.
- Organization and Planning
The ability to identify, evaluate and program what actions must be completed in order to reach a certain goal, how to carry out those actions and what are necessary resources to achieve the final objective.
- Flexibility and Orientation towards Change
Modify his/her behavior, accepting changes in order to adapt to and anticipate new environment situations in the interests of the business
- Team Development and Leadership
Behaviour focused towards motivating, developing, directing the group towards assigned objectives, establishing the most adequate degree of assignment for each professional, depending on his/her maturity, experience, and autonomy.
- Contact Networks
The ability to establish, keep and strengthen the achievement of Company goals through contacts and professional relationship networks.
Strong effective influencing, negotiation or mediation skills. Having the ability to convince and reach agreements that are beneficial to both parties whilst, being able to establish long-lasting relationships with internal staff and external clients/suppliers.
- University Degree in Law, Business Administration, or Engineering.
- Significant previous experience in Contract Management in Industrial EPC projects.
- English Language essential : native or bilingual.
- Ability to travel with the role.
- Experience in Power Generation would be a plus (Combined Cycle, CSP, …).
- Construction/Industrial Industry experience.
- Experience in or managing subcontracting, finance, project cost controls or procurement.