Job DescriptionNES Global Talent are currently working with a leading global chemical organisation, who are looking to engage with a suitably qualified Project Engineering Manager to work on a contract basis, located in the South East of England.
You will join an existing Engineering team and will be responsible leading the engineering activities and managing lead engineers on complex, capital projects, reporting into the director of Engineering.
Our client is looking for someone who possesses a proven track record in managing detailed engineering of process plants with strong organisational, communication and facilitation skills and the ability to bring teams together to achieve project targets and achieve goals.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Developing overall Engineering and Design execution strategy in addition to project specific instructions and procedures.
- Consolidating department engineering budgets and managing the budgets during the project.
- Provide strategic direction of internal engineering and design resources to produce delivery on schedule and on budget.
- Monitor progress and performance.
- Ensure effective technical coordination with Clients or third-party representatives.
- Make necessary technical decisions to resolve conflicts between disciplines.
- Coordinate the review of client’s specifications and procedures, preparation of deviation lists.
- Managing client review of deliverables.
- Ensuring all changes are handled in accordance with the project procedures.
- A relevant engineering degree (Chemical, Mechanical or E&I).
- Extensive and recent experience working in Industrial Gases, Petrochemical or a Chemical Manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior leadership / site engineering management role.
- Previous experience working in Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC).
- Knowledge of top tier COMAH regulations would be preferred.
- Project management at a high level, procurement and financial competence, negotiating skills.
- Ability to plan multiple activities with competing priorities.
- Commercially aware with the ability to manage change.