Job DescriptionOur client an O&G Operator with assets in the SNS have an excellent opportunity for an E&I Construction Lead starting in September on a 12 month rolling contract basis primarily based in the Norwich office with a requirement to travel to offshore sites as required.
Please note only applications with the right to work in the EU will be considered.
You must be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of electrical systems, electrical safety rules and hazardous area equipment and installation methods within the relevant locations. You should have the ability to identify problems and issues and be either able to resolve or report back to management structure accordingly.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify hazardous area equipment and understand installation methods and possible issues associated.
- Co-ordinate testing and inspection.
- Coordinate associated commissioning teams.
- Liaise between onshore and offshore personnel to ensure delivery of modifications to equipment and systems in a safe and timely manner.
- Liaise with relevant operations and understand operational requirements.
- Control of work and completion of documentation to allow close out of work scopes.
- Awareness of different types of Instrumentation (Flow, Pressure, Level, Temperature) and methods of installation.
- Awareness of Instrument Commissioning methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of LV electrical systems.
Qualifications / Experience
- Previous offshore experience, preferred minimum 10 years
- NVQ or equivalent in relevant discipline
- General knowledge of MS Office
- Must be proactive, able to work from own initiative, be a good team player, and have good leadership and communication skills.