Reports To: Finance Director Americas
Location: Greenville, SC with responsibility for multiple sites
The Financial Controller has responsibility for providing overall leadership to the finance and operational functions. The role is also responsible for assisting in maximising value creation in the business through active business partnering and along with Accounting Manager ensure proper accounting practices, governance and control processes are in place. Provides support to Finance Director to ensure the availability of data for analysis and reporting. Must have excellent organizational and time management skills along with the ability to review and improve accounting and financial reporting processes as necessary. Is a champion of new ideas and fosters a team environment. Liaise with and leverage company shared service in matters of tax, employee benefits, Treasury, Legal and Environmental.
TYPICAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Challenges business performance
- Provide analysis/KPI’s, interpretation and insight to site management of financial results, highlighting risks and opportunities, and offering conclusions and commentary to help drive the business forward.
- Model and interpret financial data to support strategic and tactical initiatives e.g. profitability analysis, return on investment analysis, capital spend projections etc.
- Support the maximisation of value created by the business in relation to EBITA, cash generation and shareholder value e.g. assist with pricing decisions, costing analysis etc.
- Work with other functional departments leads to drive operational efficiency and business decisions e.g. procurement, production etc.
- Lead and orchestrate the budget and forecast process by partnering with key stakeholders across the business. Is the commercial lead for finance.
- Assist the regional/GBU FD with high profile ad-hoc projects.
- Responsibility for working capital control, cash generation and legal/statutory compliance.
- Completion of all financial reporting requirements for the business accurately and submission within Corgi (Group consolidation system) in a timely manner, including but not limited to:
- Weekly sales and order information
- Monthly rolling forecasts and actual submissions
- Bi-annual 3 year plan (Spring) and budget (Autumn) submissions
- Supplementary half year and full year analysis to support disclosure for Head Office/PLC reporting requirements
- Develop and maintain an accurate set of standard costs.
- Submit capital expenditure projects with appropriate justification; monitor spend against approved budgets.
- Filter and prioritise reporting requests from the business and act as central point of information for finance.
- Support the regional/GBU FD and Head Office Finance Team with reporting and data requests.
- Asses functionality of ERP systems in relation to controls and reporting accuracy.
- Ensure the business maintains robust internal controls which will ensure compliance with financial regulations and group policies
- Ensuring the balance sheet is reconciled and controlled effectively e.g. ensuring appropriate inventory valuation, fixed asset register maintained etc.
- Lead the annual external audit and internal audit process, and to be the main finance point of contact with external bodies
- Completion of statutory accounts
- Completion of the site tax pack for group reporting purposes and ensuring compliance with other tax related areas e.g. VAT, payroll.
People & Culture
- Support the development of talent within the business
- Utilise lean tools to drive efficiency and effectiveness improvements throughout the business.
- Support change and implement best practice initiatives within the business.
- Instil a culture of continuous improvement that drives process change and maximizes productivity/efficiency
- Undertakes ad hoc projects as required
- Shares best practice across the region
- Challenges current working practises and processes to drive improvement
- Maintains effective working relationships with the Company’s stakeholders and external parties, including external and internal Audit
Requirements of Role:
- B.S in Accounting / Finance; MBA Preferred
- Fluency in English.
- Demonstrable significant experience e.g. finance, accounting, financial control, etc.
- Ability to advise on strategic financial matters.
- Experience of business partnering a senior leader.
- Knowledge of IFRS / GAAP.
- Strong PC skills, especially Microsoft Excel e.g. use of pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s etc.
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Experience of managing a team directly or leading project teams
- Experience of ownership of financial reporting and control working for a global multinational.
- Real eye for detail and ability to see the bigger picture. Willingness to help with detailed work or analysis as required.
- Supporting senior management as the business seeks to grow the region/GBU organically.
- A responsive, self-motivated person who can work independently or part of a team.
- Ability to work flexibly.
- Confidence to constructively challenge senior management.
- Occasional domestic travel.