- Review electrical design of CHP projects for compliance with design intent, utility interconnection requirements and codes & standards.
- Review specifications of major equipment (Generators, Transformers, Switchgear, Protective Relays, etc.)
- Lead all electrical technical and regulatory application processes and participate in reviews with all governing agencies for code compliance in relation to laws, and regulations, codes, and ordinances.
- Prepare and submit electrical interconnection applications to local utility companies.
- Participate and lead discipline meetings and design reviews with engineers of record, vendors, and project management staff.
- Adhere to schedule requirements for all phases of project development within the engineering discipline as well as project management and operations.
- Personally, conduct or delegate job-site inspections to ensure projects are adhering to specifications and design intent.
- Develop witness test procedures and site-specific sequences of operations.
- Assist with commissioning to verify correct system operation.
- Establish design standards and procedures to manage the work of engineers of record.
- Provide oversight and assistance with writing and editing of program documents, specifications, and equipment selection for all electrical design, installation, commissioning, control, and monitoring functions.
- Create conceptual electrical single line diagrams for client proposals
- Evaluate potential customer sites for technical feasibility and cost effectiveness of installation.
- Attend customer meetings as needed to support sales discussions regarding technical topics with customer engineers.
- S. in Electrical Engineering (M.S. preferred)
- 5+ Years of electrical engineering experience; energy sector, combined heat and power or utility applications
- Professional Engineering Certificate preferred
- Expert knowledge of: Distributed generation, Microgrid, Synchronous generators , Low and medium voltage electrical distribution equipment, Utility Interconnection processes.