Power Services Group Field Engineer
|Job Title:||Power Services Group Field Engineer|
|Location:||Anaheim, United States|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Pointing|
|Job Published:||August 08, 2019 15:02|
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• PLC, RTU, DCS, and Computer controlled SCADA systems with a focus on Power Delivery equipment and Paralleling Switchgear Operations. Mandatory understanding of Power Delivery equipment as it pertains to data center and healthcare application.
• SCADA, HMI, or GUI (all are operator interfaces) mostly developed around WonderWare, iFix (Proficiency), Citect, and RSView applications (all of these are brand names). The ability to create the graphic interface the customer uses to operate and manage the system.
• Fundamental understanding of hardware network design and various communication protocols such as ControlNet, Modbus, Profinet, etc. This involves polling or extracting information out of the field devices.
• Ability to interpret the Protective Relay settings in relationship to the system. This is an automation function, not a protection function.
• Deep understanding of Distribute Energy Resources (diesel generator, steam/gas turbines, solar, wind, hydro, and battery storage systems that can island or operate in parallel with the utility grid is helpful.
• Knowledge of synchronization hardware such as Woodward Governor is essential. Attendance of a Woodward Governor hardware class is mandatory for PSG5 level.
• Capable of providing a deliverable system that can perform the following modes of Operation: Open Transition, Closed Transition, Peak Shave, Load Shed, Load Add, Balance of Plant.
• Ability to lead the site deliverables for the customer, maintain a schedule document changes in scope, Document site delays, and interface with a Project Manager.
• Leadership of a site commissioning team that consists of paralleling switchgear engineers, power Deliver field engineers & technicians.
• Maintain interface with Zenith engineering for project scope, system sequence of operation, and field modifications.
• Bachelor’s Degree with experience in field commissioning as a site lead engineer
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's