Job DescriptionJob Title: Project Engineer
Duration: 2 Year contract (renewable)
Reporting to the Project Manager the Project Engineer, having an engineering discipline background, will provide input into Project execution during all life cycle activities. This position will be an integral part of the project process and will require the individual to actively manage scope interfaces.
This position entails working closely with contractors and headquarters office team, requiring thorough review of engineering based documents and where necessary seek clarifications prior to approval with either contractor or company personnel. The role will require management of the technical query process, ensuring that all queries are directed to the responsible party for timely reply, acting as a technical contact between Project interphases.
You will be required to actively participate in the planning process and will be expected to seek improvements to schedule wherever possible. At times you will be required to have delegated responsibility as Project Manager. You will need to organise and plan work you are assigned to ensure efficient execution.
Key responsibilities include:
• Review technical specifications for project deliverables, liaising closely with Technical Authorities and Contractors Specialists.
• Provide management of change development support and documentation as required.
• Ensure design deliverables and Invitation to Tender documentation, in conjunction with the FEED Contractor comply with all relevant Engineering Technical Practices and with Terminal codes, standards and procedures.
• Act as Project Manager when delegation is required.
• Support FEED engineering activities and provide technical support as required.
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with Contractor, operations, operations support, Engineering teams in the definition and delivery of this workscope.
• Ensure that any lessons learnt during the project are captured and shared within the organisation as appropriate.
• Promote safe design, working practices and procedures in all aspects of work performed and managed.
• Look for and implement opportunities to improve project performance.
• Be prepared to work at either office base, contractors office or rig conversion yard.
• Maintain project schedule alongside planning team by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
• Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions
• Monitoring compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specification.
Qualifications / Experience
• Minimum of a BEng or BSc Degree, with an Engineering Discipline background.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a project engineering role.
• A proven track record of performing Project Engineer support to offshore related design and engineering activities within the oil & gas or petro-chemical industry in an operating, design or engineering organisation.
• Excellent team working skills and a strong communicator with the ability to interact with personnel at all levels, using a variety of influencing skills to avoid conflict and arrive at the best overall outcome from HSE and business perspective.
• Good time management skills and an ability to plan and organise work activities and the required resources.
• Knowledge on software such as MS Project, MS Office, CAD viewers
• Able to proactively apply previous lessons learnt.
• Able to recognise risks and hazards.
• Open mindedness and the ability to challenge conventional methods of working, examine multiple options and select the preferred solution.
• An enthusiastic approach with a willingness to learn and develop best in class working relationships with contractors and employees.
Beneficial additional skills:
• Knowledge and experience of onshore and offshore oil and gas industry construction activity.
• Awareness of health, safety and environmental legislation. E.g. COSHH.