Systems Completion Lead III
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
- Systems Completion (SC) Leads focus on the implementation of the systems completion process on executing projects, including development or review of the Systems Completion Database (System Completion Database (SCDB) ) as well as oversight of project team Systems Completion Clerks and the SCDB Administrator.
- The role is characterized by: In-depth knowledge of the Systems Completion Process (Mechanical Completion, Commissioning and Start-up planning/sequencing, walk down & punch list management, Turn-over and Handover process).
- Collaboration with the Contractor to ensure requirements for systems completion (e.g., walk downs and reviews) are clearly adhered to and understood.
- Working knowledge of Systems Completion Database set-up and management.
- Ability to define project hierarchy to match completions plan.
- Strong understanding of Systems Completions process, project completions strategy, facility hierarchy, discipline construction and commissioning verification activities and sequence.
- Understanding of tagging system, and the allocation A & B check sheets to tags.
- Leadership to ensure project priorities of safety, quality, and schedule are achieved; includes a high level of assertiveness to ensure effective communication.
- In addition to all Level 1 and 2 tasks and responsibilities, Level 3: Monitor that systems/subsystems are completed according to the priority defined in the pre commissioning / commissioning schedule.
- Ensure the progress updating for certification completion and punch list close out.
- Coordinate the implementation of Mechanical Completion System and Mechanical Completion database.
- 20+ years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering, Discipline appropriate certification(s), or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills through previous supervisory position, team leader position, engineering lead position or other leadership positions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely convey recommendations to management
- Good facilitator with the ability to build consensus in areas of contention while enhancing working relationships
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Knowledgeable of Project Completions activities and typical commissioning practices including typical Systems Completion Database software (e.g., WinPCS, MC+,CoConsole, Orbit)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs