My client a leading global chemical company are going through significant growth within their bio-methane and hydrogen energy division, due to internal promotion they require a Project Development Manager with a chemical/mechanical processing background to join their team in Birmingham.
The successful person will have strong commercial awareness and stakeholder management. The role will report into the CEO of the division and have huge opportunity for succession into different areas of the business.
- Manage the development of small and large-scale projects from inception up to execution
- Work closely with Business Development team to identify customer needs and develop conceptual design suitable for implementation, including internal budget approvals for project investment
- Undertake site surveys to establish conditions, feasibility against regulations and identify potential risks and associated costs for inclusion in budget
- Find suitable site implementations and work closely with Engineer’s to generate draft layout and detailed layouts required for planning applications
- Work closely with Design Authority, Project Management and Operational teams to generate technical specifications
- Carry out assessments of OEM equipment and contractors in accordance with business requirements and approved list of suppliers including developing and managing tendering processes
- Develop a global programme including key activities and milestones
- Background working within installation in liquid chemicals, cyrogenics or purification environments
- Excellent commercial awareness with a high energy, engaging style to influence stakeholders
- Experience working with project management teams
- Strong negotiation skills
- Chemical or Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent