NES Global Talent is an award winning workforce solutions specialist that provides candidates across the Oil & Gas, Power, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Chemicals and Mining sectors worldwide.
A Fantastic contractual job opportunity has just been made available for an experienced SR. ROTATING EQUIPMENT ENGINEER by a leading operating oil and gas company to be based in Qatar.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct Rotating Equipment Engineering activities for projects, from initial concept definition phase through engineering studies, FEED, detailed design and commissioning.
- Create, develop and review work-scopes for projects and other engineering activities. Ensure that the work-scopes are comprehensive and clear.
- Ensure that the required engineering standards and company technical assurance practices are followed whilst conducting Rotating Equipment Engineering activities.
- Review technical deviations and variations to approved guidelines, codes, standards and practices.
- Carry out in-house site surveys, engineering / design.
- Review and approve method statements created by contracted organisations for scope compliance. Liaise with contracted organisations to resolve technical issues.
- Produce, review, check and approve in-house designs and specifications.
- Co-ordinate designs, specifications and work-scopes created by multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Develop, update and monitor schedules for in-house engineering activities.
- Plan and co-ordinate activities of a team of multidiscipline engineers for providing timely delivery of technical services to meet the project requirements.
- Ensure that the requirements of environmental and safety policies are incorporated into designs and work-scopes.
- Review, evaluate and approve/reject Contract Changes / Variations.
- Conduct evaluation of technical bid packages for scope compliance.
- Support Assistant Manager to review, update and apply company standards and company's amendment to external standards.
- Support the development of personal technical competency and skills and those of Co-workers. Participate in structured training for Qatari Engineers under development.
To Qualify, candidate must possess the following qualification and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer / Professional Engineer status or equivalent is preferable.
- 10 years relevant post graduate experience should be related to the Oil & Gas industry.
- Ability to identify and utilise relevant engineering standards and Codes related to Rotating Equipment Engineering.
- Proven ability to manage time, cost and quality in engineering projects within a multiple project environment.
- Good communications and presentation skills with fluency in English.
Interested? Apply now and take advantage of this job opportunity!