Job DescriptionAker Solutions have successfully delivered the world’s first subsea compression system – Åsgard - and are now working on a newly-awarded subsea compression project whose compression & boosting systems technology will be ground-breaking for the energy industry. This includes system and delivery competence within Power Modules for subsea variable speed drives, circuit breakers, control power distribution units and telecommunication systems.
Do you want to join the adventure as a Senior Telecom System Engineer on the advanced JansZ subsea compression FEED project?
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Reviewing and updating of client technical requirements documents within telecommunications
- Drafting specification and philosophy documents on telecom systems like PAGA, Data Networks, VSAT, CCTV etc
- Development of system design requirements, topologies, Block Diagrams etc.
- Participation in multi-discipline activities/meetings, MFO, Reviews, PARs etc.
- Coordination of inter-disciplinary issues
- Reporting to ICT lead (Instrument, Controls and Telecom)
- Minimum 7+ years' of relevant experience including strong experience in telecom systems within the marine and offshore industries
- Experience with large offshore projects within conceptual/pre-FEED, FEED and detailed design phases
- Highly-skilled within platform telecommunication systems such as Data and IP Telephony networks, Long Distance Fiber Optics, VSAT, PAGA and Marine Radar
- Good skills and experience within design and engineering of systems like GMDSS, Meteorology, UHF Tetra, CCTV and Navigation Aids
- Ability to work with diverse tasks, both independently and as part of a team
- Fluency in English. Norwegian language skills are considered a plus
- MS Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook, Skype, etc
- Micro Station
- ProArc (Document database)
- Preferably COMOS (Engineering Database)
For further information please contact:
Margareth Back, Senior Advisor, NES Advantage Solutions, Tel: +47 464 11 664
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.