Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking a SCADA Engineer for a contract role in Fort St. John, BC. The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given. The shift is Monday-Friday.
Monitor pipeline automation and control systems, along with ultrasonic flowmeters, smart pressure transmitters, flow and temperature transmitters, smart pressure and level switches, and any other field instrumentation that is relevant to automated pipeline monitoring. Requires 10+ years’ experience.
The role will be positioned in the FSJ office supporting Fort St. Gas Control and the Weatherford CygNet Gathering SCADA system.
• Ensure the availability, integrity and reliability of the SCADA applications.
• Perform break-fix and troubleshooting lead support of SCADA applications and its related infrastructure including business interfaces, remote devices, SCADA network and hardware platforms.
• Day-to-day interaction with Gas Control, Facility Engineering, Field Operations, Gas Management, Measurement, Communications, Information Systems, IT Infrastructure, and other External Users to identify, report and resolve application and SCADA workflow problems.
• Partner with IT, Operations, Engineering and vendors in designing, implementing and maintaining the SCADA system according to regulations and internal policies (CRM and cyber security).
• Partner with Operations and Engineering in the completion of capital project assignments.
• Analyze operational data and provide improvements to operational efficiency and safety.
• Assess application deficiencies and evaluate vendor provided or 3rd party provided solutions via new components, upgrades or patches.
• Provide business support with reports and tools built on external platforms integrated with SCADA applications.
• Support in commissioning SCADA application changes following standard operating practices.