The Contractor has recently secured a huge pipeline of work, with projects ranging in value from $5m to $30m, and as such is now seeking Senior Project Engineers local to the Central Queensland area.
This is a DIDO position based at Moranbah QLD, on a (Mon to Fri) 5:2 roster. Therefore, we’re ideally looking for people local to Central Queensland.
- Drive the creation and implementation of innovative, cost efficient construction methodologies and techniques, within the constraints of coal mine safety and health management systems.
- Provide input to the production and maintenance of construction programs for the project together with Schedulers, Supervisors and Superintendents.
- Continuous monitoring of program throughout the life of the project ensuring milestones are completed on time.
- In conjunction with Superintendents and Supervisors, planning the resources required to achieve the construction program (plant, labour and subcontractors) and sourcing.
- Manage the project’s QA processes and QA personnel.
- Planning and implementing the procurement of materials and subcontractors to achieve construction programs.
- Working with Supervisors to recognise variations, quantity increases or decrease and any additional scope of works to produce appropriate variation correspondence.
- Monitoring costs for activities and adjusting if unit costs are excessive.
- Preparation and analysis of weekly and month reports (internal and external) with Project Manager.
- Plan the installation and manage the monitoring of environmental controls .
- Civil Engineering bachelors’ degree or equivalent
- Min 5 years’ experience in civil construction contracting, including solid experience in bulk earthworks
- Experience on previous coal mine infrastructure projects will be highly regarded
- Be a “doer”, not just a delegator
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound technical knowledge
- Be self-motivated and adaptable with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license with good driving record
Benefits & Compensation
- Salary Range from $150,000 to $200,000 (based on experience)
- Company Phone or a phone allowance
- Use of Company Vehicle
- Camp Accommodation provided