Location - Waggaman, LA
Employee - Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas industry. Our client is an growing chemical company, who is in need of a Rotating Equipment Engineer to join their team in Waggaman, LA.
To lead the risk & reliability function for critical machines at the plant. These functions include promoting and developing more mature reliability management approaches, maintaining effective utilization of machine condition monitoring and machine performance monitoring and maintaining high standards in how we carry out overhauls and preventative maintenance.
Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment such as petrochemical and oil and gas.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Company HSE Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations.
- Small MOC’s, FI or Capex projects
- Ensure that all rotating plant equipment assets at the Plant have effective Reliability and Capability Life Plans and world class maintenance strategies
- Work closely with Maintenance Planners to ensure that preventive & predictive maintenance work orders in SAP PM are aligned with equipment maintenance strategies.
- Influence operation of critical machines within defined integrity operating windows.
- Drive the implementation of the RCM business process (criticality analysis, maintenance strategies).
- Apply a structured approach to reliability management
- Ensure major rotating equipment risks are identified, assessed, documented & mitigated in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Influence a significant reduction in the frequency and business impact of rotating equipment failures.
- Lead RCAs for consequence 3 and above for rotating equipment hazard, near miss and incidents
- Complete equipment failure investigations using root cause analysis techniques.
- Conduct engineering statistical reliability studies from the risk assessments, criticality data, corrective maintenance history and failure history.
- Assure compliance to relevant external statutory regulation and internal plant and engineering standards and communicating such requirements to the relevant stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in maintenance and/or engineering of a petro-chemical manufacturing plant, power generation or similar heavy industry environment
- Knowledge of rotating plant equipment and good knowledge of materials, failure mechanisms, fabrication and repair processes and procedures
- Technically competent with respect to management of Rotating equipment in particular: rotor dynamics, performance monitoring, principles of compressible flow, principles of lubrication management, condition monitoring, reliability benchmarks, best engineering practices and machinery overhaul practices.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing Chemical company who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Ashlee Vann.