Job DescriptionNES are currently working with one of our Global Oil & Gas clients, who is looking for an experienced T&I Engineer to join their team.
The role will be responsible for leading the development and delivery of the installation engineering, with a focus on transport and installation ativitites for the jacket and topside as well as providing guidance, input and perfromance management for the subsea and pipelay installation engineering with some travel to other contractor locations.
- Delivering the safe, efficient and effective installation engineering procedures to deliver the project scope.
- Communicating the project goals and expectations and provide leadership to the installation engineering team.
- Ensure the contractor has a competent organisation and a high standard of resources to deliver the installation engineering scope
- Deliver robust and optimised installation engineering execution plans, managing the performance, including schedule and budget of the installation contractor against the project plans.
- Lead by providing direction, and support to the project teams and promote an effective and collaborative working environment.
- Lead installation studies and manage the interface with the Marine Warranty Surveyor in support of installation and construction document development.
- Support the management of risks through participating and leading formal risk reviews with the contractor and inputting to the risk management process.
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all appropriate elements of the project, segment and group requirements.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science (Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Offshore Engineering)
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience in the T&I of Jackets, Topsides and large diameter piles.
- 12 years experience in the offshore installation field
- A working knowledge and subsea and pipelay installation operations
- Experience in managing construction contractors and the development of installation engineering and procedure development and a track record of driving positive safety culture and behaviours.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and agile team environment, with competing priorities and the ability to understand the roles of those in the interfacing teams, develop collaborative working relationships and to influence the project delivery teams to ensure that that the construction work integrates well in the overall project plan.
- Qualified Naval Architect experienced with offshore construction
- Proven knowledge with the implementation of Construction Process including the relevant elements of OMS, MPcp, Construction and Marine Practices.
- Experience in the coaching, mentoring and development of younger engineers
- Experience with fabrication, installation, hook-up, commissioning phases of a project.
- Experience in Brownfield projects
- Chartered engineer, Naval Architect or registered professional engineer.