Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking an Engineering Analyst for a contract role in North York, ON. The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given. The shift is Monday-Friday.
The goal of the Integrity department is to ensure the safe and reliable operation of all of the company’s gas-carrying assets. The role resides in the Integrity Data Assessment team in Integrity which focuses on risk modelling and assessment, data governance, and software administration for all types of assets in Integrity.
• Conduct detailed checks of converted pipeline dataset to ensure they meet reporting standards and accurately reflect the pipeline specifications
• Review Engineering drawings, bill of materials, other company records to validate pipeline specifications
• Review and assess pipeline Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) records and digitize pertinent information using the PRIM software package.
• Create and manipulate GIS dataset using satellite imagery and basic tools in ESRI ArcMap software package
• Obtain a technical understanding of Integrity documents and processes to drive improvements to the data supporting Integrity and Risk assessments.
• Technology diploma or Engineering degree
• Ability to read and comprehend technical documents, engineering drawings, and as-built construction drawings
• Technically inclined with ability to understand and solve problems by formulating conclusions based on various data inputs
• A high level of attention to detail and capable of quickly and independently learning new processes
• Strong sense of organization and planning
• Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to self-learn new software platforms
• Previous experience in Records Management, Pipeline/Materials engineering, or Integrity
• Experience working with ESRI ArcMap or Google Earth
• Proficient in VB Script and SQL coding languages