Job DescriptionWireline Engineer
New Zealand (Taupo based)
- Want to be part of the renewable energy future?
- Would like to live in stunning, family friendly, outdoors location?
- Driven to provide innovative client solutions to develop geothermal resources globally?
Western Energy is a leading provider of specialist well solutions to the geothermal industry, both in New Zealand and internationally. Based in Taupo (New Zealand), their business is all about innovation, creative solutions and working with their clients to find new ways to deliver results. With expertise in wireline well diagnostics, well testing and monitoring, and well intervention, they get results across the entire life cycle of a well.
You will spend a significant amount of time working on client sites and offices, often in the field in all weather conditions, with some weekend work. The role will be both hands-on (i.e. working with tools & equipment in the field or workshop) and office based. No two days will be the same.
You will be a professional engineer who will represent Western Energy with clients, analyse problems and opportunities to recommend services and then engage with the operations teams to ensure they are delivered at the highest quality.
Other key requirements of the role include:
- Advising on best wireline tools and operations, recommending services, interpreting data and troubleshooting problems
- Planning and preparing for well site operations including working closely with operation staff and equipment at wellsites
- The preparation of proposal documentation, the preparation of resourcing and project plans (including budgeting and reporting)
- The building and maintaining of strong client relationships and delivering a positive and proactive service
- Continuing to research and stay in touch with the latest wireline technology and equipment
- Promoting and ensuring safe work practices across all operations
Taupo itself is known as a mountain-biking, fishing, skiing and tourism hotspot of New Zealand. Offering an enviable, family friendly, highly sought after lifestyle in a beautiful natural surroundings.
To apply for the above position please apply with an updated copy of your CV with a covering letter in full confidence or phone Bruce on +64 21 247 7311 for further information.