Job DescriptionPrinciple Process Engineer – Ethylene Chemical Experience
Are you looking to work with a leading global EPC?
Are you specialist Principle Process Engineer with Ethylene or Cracker experience?
Are you looking for long term opportunity?
If so, please read on…
Our client a leading global leader in oil and gas industry are at the forefront of project delivery, technologies, systems, and services and provide clients with expertise across subsea, onshore/offshore and surface projects.
The main duties include:
- Process configuration and optimization studies
- Preparation of design basis and philosophy documents (safeguarding, shutdown, relief & blowdown, isolation & maintenance)
- Technology evaluation and selection, including economic assessment
- Process modeling and simulation
- Preparation of PFDs and heat and mass balances
- Sizing and specification of major process equipment
- Safety, environmental and operability reviews (HAZOP, ENVID, SIL)
- Relief system design, including PSV sizing, flare hydraulics and radiation analysis
- P&ID development, including selection of design conditions, hydraulic analysis, line sizing and pipe specifications, equipment isolation, vent and drain systems, cause and effects
- Technology awareness Refining, Ethylene, Petrochemicals, Offsites & Utilities
Engineering Work Processes Inter-discipline coordination, change management
Industry Codes and Standards Knowledge (API, ASTM, ASME etc)
- Leadership Ability to manage teams of process engineers and interface with other disciplines
- Project reporting Ability to manage progress and schedule and adapt to changing circumstances
- Typically leads a team of 5-10 process engineers in an area lead or lead role on a small project
- Responsible for delivery of project deliverables within agreed man-hour budgets and schedule
- Responsible for checking and approving all project deliverables before issue
- Must have: BSc/MSc in Chemical Engineering
- Chartered engineer or equivalent professional affiliation
- Considerable experience in Oil & Gas Processing, Refining and/or Ethylene/ Petrochemicals, preferably with an engineering contractor.
- Experience of leading teams of 10+ Engineers