Job DescriptionMine Design and Planning Engineer
Work Location: Jakarta office
Reporting to: Mine Engineering Lead
- coordinating the mine design scope within a FEL1 and FEL2 project or multiple projects.
- delivering their projects within scope, cost, and schedule baseline, while ensuring the projects are delivered within the safety and quality objectives agreed for the project.
- Leads and actively promotes aligned with company's safety goals for all stakeholders including employees, contractors, customers and members of the community
- Accountable for achieving zero harm by participating in the design of safe working systems, site inspections and safety interactions in their project area and ensuring all follow-up actions are carried out.
- Promotes a healthy working environment.
- Educates peers on the Project Delivery System (PDS) deliverables.
- Influences project team members performance and influences their activities as necessary to ensure project requirements are achieved.
- Communicates regularly with the Project team on strategies to ensure that goals and priorities are clearly understood
- Recommends to the Mine Engineering Lead any requirements for additional resources and strategies to maintain the schedule.
- Leads the mine design input for the project tollgate/maturity assessments and ensures follow-up actions are completed.
- Interfaces with other members of the Project Team and contractors to ensure no aspect of the project is overlooked or lags in progress and assists in the development and implementation of recovery plans.
- Leads, co-ordinates and monitors studies and contractors within their responsible area to ensure project requirements are achieved.
- Works collaboratively with exploration to ensure that the correct and up to date geological models are used to optimize the mine design.
- Oversees Contract Management of their assigned contract packages to ensure timely submission of deliverables and approval of all Contract Changes.
- Contributes to the company's representation on research and industry associations related to block cave mining (i.e. UQ Caving 2040)
- Responsible for delivery of the mine design objectives for the FEL 1 and FEL 2 studies as agreed by the Mine Engineering Lead taking into consideration the full project lifecycle.
- Manages and ensures compliance to project procedures including the management of project documentation and ensuring these are received, reviewed, commented, responded, and incorporated in project archives.
- Manages and coordinates the outputs of their assigned project team or teams in line with the detailed scope, cost, and schedule control baselines and manages any project changes in terms of this agreed baseline.
- Mitigates project delays by coordinating the different functions and establishing priorities.
- Ensures measurement of progress on all contracts for reporting progress to the Mine Engineering Lead and broader team as required.
- Ensures scope forecast of cost and schedule is updated as prescribed by the project requirements.
- 15 years or more of experience in a similar role.
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering, with a Professional Engineers Licence.
- Operational experience in extractive or infrastructure industries.
- Extensive experience in the study, design, development and/or operation of block cave mines.
- Ability to present detailed and complicated concepts and information succinctly.
- Flexibility for domestic and international travel.