- Position Overview:
- Project Engineering position for Refinery reporting to the Capital Projects Engineering Manager. This position will be responsible for developing and leading refinery-based projects ranging from $1MM to >$100MM.
- Develop scope of work, estimating, schedules, and construction work packages to meet timelines of assigned projects.
- Manage engineering resources for execution of front-end project development, detailed engineering, material requisitions, bid packages.
- Interface with Production, Technical Groups, Maintenance, Turnaround Group, Pressure Equipment Integrity Group, and others in execution of project work.
- Ensure timely and effective communication with appropriate stakeholders for any changes to approved scope, quality, cost and schedule.
- Ensure the quality of project deliverables.
- Work with stakeholders to develop the project business case/economics as well as benchmarking performance metrics.
- Responsible for the alignment of all project stakeholders on project milestones.
- Ensure the lesson learned discussions and post-mortems reviews are completed.
- Ensure that projects are executed consistent with Motiva project management standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field (Mechanical Engineering Preferred)
- 5-25+ years of professional experience in the Chemical/Refining, or Manufacturing industry.
- Strong understanding of the stage gate project process
- Capable of working multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Preferably Owner's Rep Experience