Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Employee: Permanent/ Full Time
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a growing Midstream Operator, is seeking a Rotating Equipment Engineer, Staff for a permanent position to be based in Corpus Christi, TX.
The Rotating Equipment Engineer reports to the Technical Services Manager, and is the technical steward for rotating equipment, heat exchangers, tanks, and mechanical systems and is accountable for supporting system maintenance and improving these systems including all associated documentation. The Rotating Equipment Engineer will provide leadership and discipline expertise to less experienced support staff, engineering design, maintenance, and production groups.
Understands all facets of transportation, storage, and processing, including health, safety, maintenance, operations, governmental regulations and associated codes and standards. Must have in-depth knowledge of rotating equipment and mechanical systems, national codes, standards and regulations, and their implementation in operating facilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Serves as the mechanical systems administrator and provides daily rotating equipment and mechanical systems support to the plant to keep the plant systems operational. Responsible for tracking availability and determining the overall reliability of the equipment throughout the plant (pumps, compressors, blowers, submerged combustion vaporizers, gas turbine generators, diesel drivers, etc.).
- Uses sound engineering practices, plant standards, and specifications, ensuring that documentation for the mechanical systems are maintained properly. Lead the development of documentation standards including updates to the unit operating manuals. Participate in the Management of Change process. Develop and use computer-assisted engineering and design software to perform engineering tasks and develop documentation.
- Development of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for all rotating equipment for increased efficiency and reduced downtime between scheduled Preventive Maintenance task and Planned Outages. These programs would include such items as Run Time Availability, Oil Analysis, Vibration Monitoring, Repeat Failures Analysis (Worst Actors), Run-hour graphs and Equipment Rotation schedules for example in the Predictive Maintenance Protocol.
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and assist in planning and coordinating work for the Maintenance Department. Works with maintenance and operations on reliability issues when they occur; have vision and ability to create quality solutions for any problems.
- Serves as a plant expert on rotating equipment and mechanical system engineering issues (not limited to risk engineering, system integrity, and applicability to specifications, philosophies, and standards) and mentor the support groups (Mechanical Maintenance Supervision and Technicians). Understand and interpret codes, standards, and regulations that are equipment related.
- Develops proposals for plant improvements including design basis and preliminary estimates and budgets for capital projects. During development and construction, support the Project Manager as assigned to minimize overruns in project-related spending.
- Develops working relationships with other department personnel within the plant in order to seek out opportunities that will add value to each job completed.
- Reinforces awareness of safety and environmental incidents through frequent job observations by talking to personnel working in the plant. Responsible for developing or collecting information in support of permit requirements as assigned.
- Support the efforts of the Maintenance Planner / Scheduler, the Manager of Projects, and the Warehouse Supervisor (in developing equipment spare parts requirements), as needed.
- Perform other activities as requested
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. A Professional Engineers License is highly desirable.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in an industrial environment in engineering or operations.
- Experience with GE LM2500 gas turbines is desirable.
- Experience with centrifugal pumps and compressors are required.
- Experience implementing predictive maintenance strategies such as vibration analysis and lube oil analysis.
- Experience on hazard evaluations, formal HAZOP training would be an asset.
- Possesses contract development and negotiating skills and experience in managing technical contracts from inception through execution.
- Knowledge in CMMS systems.
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities are required.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries, and governmental agencies.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals