Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 1 year contact
Experience: 10+ years
This role independently performs engineering activities related to all phases of Control Systems life-cycle, including turnkey design, systems integration, construction support, operational support, and design enhancements required to improve system capabilities. Able to interface directly with Client to understand design requirements and provide required solution(s). Requires knowledge and understanding of good project management practices related to project initiation, planning, execution, and cost controls.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science (or higher) degree in Engineering or Computer Science. (May consider equivalent experience in lieu of degree.)
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience. (10+ years preferred.)
- Knowledge of industry standards related to documentation, basic regulatory and discrete control, loop tuning, and safety systems.
- Experience reading and developing Process Drawings, I&E Drawings, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Specifications and Control Narratives is required.
- Knowledge and experience programming and configuring the following:
- PLC, PAC, RTU hardware from Allen-Bradley, Modicon, Siemens, Emerson and ABB
- SCADA/HMI platforms from Allen-Bradley, Inductive Automation Ignition, GE, and Wonderware
- Inductive Automation Ignition experience highly desired
- Relational database solutions such as MySQL and/or MSSQL Server
- Report development
- Knowledge of Network infrastructure design, network component configurations, and security.
- Experience working with licensed and unlicensed radio systems highly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver clear messages to management.
- Travel (approximate 25% of time).