Job DescriptionPosition Description
Position Title: EIC Engineer
To lead the Electrical/ Instrument function for the site through collaboration between the Strategic Engineering specialist resources and the operations teams. Institute effective reliability and process safety improvement agendas for all critical E/I assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate and/or lead the commitment to the pursuit of achieving Zero Harm through behavioral based safety
- Ensure compliance with applicable Company HSE Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations
- Supports BEx initiatives and ensures participation from all areas of responsibility
- Daily Support to Operations
- Small MOC’s, FI or Capex projects
- Participates in PHA’s
- Receives close direction from Senior Engineer
- Ensuring that all electrical assets at the Plant have effective Reliability and Capability Life Plans and maintenance strategies
- Work closely with Maintenance Planners to ensure that preventive & predictive maintenance work orders in SAP PM are aligned with equipment maintenance strategies
- Complete equipment failure investigations using root cause analysis techniques
- Conduct engineering statistical reliability studies from the risk assessments, criticality data, corrective maintenance history and failure history
- Assure compliance to relevant external statutory regulation and internal plant and engineering standards and communicating such requirements to the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure application of Company Management of Change policies and standards
- Implementation and Auditing of Standards and Guidelines in collaboration with Principal Engineers and Operations Personnel
- Undertaking and organizing technical investigations, inspections, studies and surveys, and analysing all historical data, to determine static plant equipment risk and criticality
- Continuous update and electrical items in the operational risk registers. Implement effective controls and improvement actions (elimination/reduction)
- Collaboration with Operations, Turnaround and Project functions in effective identification & scoping of requirements. Execution of technical R&I role during turnarounds
- Support tactical response to address equipment deficiencies in an effective & timely manner during turnarounds
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 4-10+ years of experience in maintenance and/or engineering of a petro-chemical manufacturing plant, power generation or similar heavy industry environment.
- Familiarity with Safety Management Systems.
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems.
- Familiarity with Manufacturing Excellence models, systems and processes relating to asset capability and reliability.
- Familiarity with Turnaround management systems.
- SAP PM or equivalent
- Experienced in risk identification, analysis and mitigation strategies.
- Demonstrated ability in optimising reliability e.g. reducing failure rates, increasing uptime, etc.
- Strong understanding of Reliability Centered Maintenance strategy development.
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis of failure data.
- Competent in the various methods of Root Cause Failure Analysis.