Application Engineer II
|Job Title:||Application Engineer II|
|Location:||Houston, United States|
|Contact Name:||Victor Herrera|
|Job Published:||August 20, 2019 23:53|
Location: Houston, TX
Work Schedule: Standard 5 days on/2 days off
Start Date: 9/18/2019
Duration: 1 year
The Applications Engineer will develop, install, and sustain process applications in pursuit of Automation objectives. They are involved in technical leadership of internal and external resources through all stages of asset development and operation, inclusive of technology commercialization. Develop capabilities of less experienced engineers within their technical discipline
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to all Level 1 Tasks and Responsibilities, a Level 2 Applications Engineer will:
• Represent EM in interactions with key competitors, partners, joint ventures, NOCs, industry associations, academia, and industry forums.
• Technical leadership (formal or informal) in projects and/or Manufacturing operations.
• Apply broad technical and business skills and expertise to solve more complex problems.
• Develop / implement innovative solutions to non-routine problems by:
o Leading teams in resolving technical challenges
o Mentoring less experienced engineers
o Expanding sphere of influence beyond core technical discipline
o Demonstrating capability to influence without direct authority
• Provide technical leadership and quality assurance for application of established, adapted, and new technologies.
• Mentor early-career professionals. Utilize depth and/or breadth of experience to identify cross-functional business opportunities. Participate in internal networks through which their capabilities can be disseminated to the benefit of others.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• B.S./M.S. Degree in an Engineering discipline required
• Minimum 10 years of Process Control experience as a Control / Applications Engineer in a manufacturing plant or engineering contractor firm working with operations to deploy and sustain automation solutions
• Working knowledge of refining and chemical process technologies
• Demonstrated experience with Multivariable Predictive Control (e.g., AspenTech DMC, Honeywell RMPCT) and Real-time Optimizers (e.g., RoMeo, etc.)
• Strong applications/programming skills (Visual Basic, etc.)
• Strong focus on Technical Quality Assurance (TQA)
• Interest in progressing along a technical career path
• Development and sustainment of in-house developed tools and toolkits including management and prioritization of development items, documentation and training materials
• Provide input to Research on opportunities for enhanced business performance through pursuit of new technology or adaptation of existing technologies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Process Engineer II
Cedar Rapids, United States
$85000 per annum
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Saint Louis, United States
$105000 - $125000 per annum, Benefits: Medical benefits, matching 401K, PTO, life insurance, and more
CAD62 - CAD69 per hour
New Orleans, United States