This position is responsible for compliance and pipeline integrity requirements for interstate and intrastate hazardous liquid pipelines and gas transmission pipelines. The Manager of Pipeline Integrity provides technical support to the operations and facilitates the implementation of integrity management programs
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Develops implements and maintains a comprehensive systematic and fully integrated Pipeline Integrity Program and ensure that the integrity management programs effectively address risk and that metrics are used to continuously monitor performance and identify trends.
- Ensures that the company’s pipeline systems are operated and maintained in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with federal, state and local integrity regulations
- Provides expert consultation to engineering, corrosion and operations groups regarding integrity regulatory requirements and works to ensure that pipeline operations are conducted within the risk profile of the company.
- Develops integrity practices and procedures related to the operation and maintenance of the physical pipelines.
- Interact with all levels of employees to disseminate broad base interdisciplinary knowledge of company policies, and regulations.
- Creates, implements, and maintains budget and forecasting for all pipeline integrity activities
- Develops and maintains pipeline related procedures, Required Practices and specifications including, but not limited to, In-Line-Tool Inspection (ILI), hydrostatic testing, Direct Assessment, and general pipeline operations. Ensure adherence to and provide technical direction to implement these procedures.
- Oversees the evaluation of every segment of pipe for the likelihood of susceptibility to each physical threat (including interactive threats) through the analysis of integrity data from various sources such as, construction and operating history, soil test data, coating condition, pipe inspections, in-line inspection data, risk algorithm data, hydrostatic test data, corrosion data, etc.
- Develops ILI scheduling, strength testing, anomaly investigation and corrosion surveys associated with hydrostatic tests.
- management (including Vice Presidents, Asset Directors and Supervisors) and works with asset management to develop repair strategies.
- Engineering degree with 10+ years of experience in compliance and integrity management for gas and liquids pipelines.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance and pipeline integrity management for gas and liquids pipelines.
- Knowledge of DOT Part 192, DOT Part 195, and Texas Integrity Regulation (§8.101), RSTRENG, ANSI/ASME B31G, ASME B31.8S, API 1160, API 5L, ASTM B31.4, ASTM B31.8, API 5CRA, API 5A and NACE Standards.
- Strong knowledge of and/or experience with pipeline integrity testing, metallurgy, pipeline failure mechanisms, and nondestructive testing methods.
- Strong knowledge of pipeline hydrostatic pressure testing, repairs, modifications and rehabilitation.
- Strong understanding of GIS tools and PODS database.
- Experience with NGL products
- Exhibits leadership skills, abilities and desire for continuous improvement and transformation.
- Established relationships with professional organizations such as API, GPA and NACE.